There are many decisions involved in planning a family vacation. The destination alone can take several weeks and many discussions in order to achieve familial consensus, not to mention the different outings that people may want to partake in. The kids will most likely vote for an amusement park while the parents would rather spend the afternoon in an air-conditioned art museum. Wherever you decide to go and whatever you decide to do, one of the first decisions that needs to be made is lodging.
Rental Home or Hotel
There are several benefits to renting a vacation home, but there are also several benefits to staying in a hotel. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference, but here are some things to consider.
- Variety: Vacation homes offer more variety than hotels. They are each unique and independent, whereas hotels offer rooms that are very similar to one another – if not identical. You can pick homes based on what interior decoration you like the best. North Carolina coast rentals can give you an idea of the kind of variety you have to choose from.
- Privacy: Rental homes offer more privacy than hotels. You have an entire house opposed to a room or suite. Homes also often provide private outdoor space. If your rental has a backyard you could eat dinner outside on some nights.
- Amenities: Hotels offer more amenities. They generally have swimming pools, saunas, room service, 24/7 customer service and sometimes even on site spas.
- Cleaning: One of the biggest benefits hotels have is daily cleaning services.
- Meals: Some hotels include free breakfast, which could help reduce the amount of meal planning you have to do. However, some people enjoy having the freedom to cook their own meals.
- Convenience: Reserving a hotel can be much more convenient than trying to find the perfect rental home.